Friday, June 27, 2008

Asma pacifies her Grand-Father

When Abu Bakar (Radhiallaho anho) emigrated to Madinah in the company of Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam), he took with him all his money, thinking that Rasulullah might need it. It was about 6,000 Dirhams. After his departure, his father Abu Qahafah (who was blind and who had not till then accepted Islam) came to express his sympathy with his grand daughters.

Asma (Radhiallaho anha) says:

"Our grandfather came to us and said, 'your father has shocked you with his migration to Madinah, and seems to have put you to further hardship by taking all his money with him.' I said, 'no grandfather, do not worry. He has left a lot of money for us.' I collected some pebbles and deposited them in the recess where my father used to keep his money; I covered it with a cloth. I then took my grand-father to the place and placed his hand over the cloth. He thought that the recess was really full of darhams. He remarked: 'It is good that he has left something for you to live on.' By Allah, my father had not left a single darham for us: I played this trick simply to pacify my grandfather."

Look at this brave Muslim girl. Strictly speaking, the girls needed more consolation than their grandfather. Judged by normal course of things, they should have complained of their destitution to their grandfather to win his sympathy, as there was nobody else in Makka to extend them any sympathy or help. But Allah had given such a frame of mind to Muslim men and women of those days that everything they did was really wonderful and worthy of emulation.

Abu bakr (Radhiallaho anho) was quite a well-to-do person in the beginning, but he always spent liberally in the path of Allah. At the time of Tabuk, he contributed all that he possessed. Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) once said:

"Nobody's wealth has benefited me so much as that of Abu Bakr (Radhiallaho anho). I have compensated everybody for the good done to me, except Abu Bakr. He shall be compensated by Allah Himself."

No comments: